We can’t tell you which is the Best US car hire company, but we can tell you which our readers and subscribers prefer the most. “Best”, would imply some scale that was applied, with the winning company achieving the most ticks in various areas of service, or newness of fleet or some-such. Instead, we asked ‘Who is your preferred car hire supplier?’ This is a much simpler way of getting to what counts – would they choose to use that company again? Continue reading
From now until October 31st 2013, we can add a Sat Nav unit to your Dollar Diamond-package reservation made through TripWheels – completely free of charge! It must be a Diamond package, and it must be with Dollar, and the car must be collected before December 18th. If you would like us to add a free Sat Nav unit to your Dollar Diamond reservation, please drop us an email, use the online chat facility or simply pick up the phone to give us a call.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Child Car Seat Laws in the United States
Carrying children in our cars is carrying our most precious cargo. We keep them safe at home with car seat laws, and it should be the same when we travel. But, regulations do vary from country to country, and within the United States, the laws vary by individual states. In some states regulations are laxer than the laws at home, in others they are more stringent. Continue reading
Port Everglades Shuttle for US Car Hire.
Port Everglades is a very popular cruise port, but like other ports, has no on-site car hire collection or drop-off facilities. If you have hired a car that you need to drop off before a cruise, then it is best to drop it at a depot that provides a shuttle service to and from the port. Continue reading
Sixt Car Hire Florida.
Trip Wheels has a new promotion from SIXT car hire Florida which brings this superb car hire provider into the same pricing bracket as Alamo and Budget for the regular fleet cars. Sixt Car Hire is renowned for its courteous and efficient customer service and with cars from £106 per week, including two drivers on our standard package, renters will really reap the benefits now that Sixt have moved into the Florida market. Continue reading
In many areas of the USA, electronic tolling, or e-tolling, is becoming mandatory on toll roads with cash booths being either removed or converted to e-tolls. Continue reading
Take advantage of a complimentary cruise shuttle when using the new location at 710 Mullet Road, for your cruise from Port Canaveral. One way rentals are free within the state of Florida so it is easy to collect your car at an airport and then drop it off here or vice versa. The opening hours at this location are 07.30 – 17.30 seven days a week.
Port Canaveral Tips
A regular traveller through the port has provided the following general tips:
- All Port Canaveral depots are small, desperately busy on embarkation/disembarkation days.
- Business is magnified for Alamo/National/Enterprise customers as the location is shared.
- All depots have limited facilities. Therefore the vehicles can come with limited fuel and are not the cleanest of vehicles.
- No fast check in or vehicle choice, just old-fashioned documentation, licence & credit card in return for keys.
- It is well worth dropping the family off with the luggage first. Have two copies of the boarding form and driver takes his passport. Then the family can at least wait inside the air conditioned terminal for the driver to return.
- On return, let the driver hop off the shuttle bus first (without luggage), so he can get straight to the line.
Cruise guests often have quite a bit of luggage, so you may want to have a look at our vehicle guide to make sure you choose the right car for your trip. Fleetguide